Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

What on earth is that? (Not for the squeamish!)

Posted by L K



The other day Zander was sitting in his clip on high chair by the kitchen table, munching away on some finger foods to keep him occupied while I prepared supper. Chris was outside watering the garden. I didn't really take much notice at what Zander was doing all the time. I'm sure you know what it's like when you're busy with 100 things at one time? You just occasionally glance at them to check if they're still ok, right?


Then Chris came in to get a glass of water and casually asked me what I gave Zander to eat, pointing at the floor and asking, "what's that?”. I didn't really care to look, I just glanced quickly at what Chris was pointing at, telling Chris at the same time that I gave Zander small cut pieces of a pear, figuring in my head that Zander dropped some pieces on the floor like he always does.

Then it registered with me!

Whatever was on the floor was definitely not something I gave Zander to eat. It was not even remotely looking like pear in any form. It was dark brown and in liquid form. Chris and I both confirmed our suspicion at the same time with a loud, shocked shout "It's crap, POOP!! .

Still in denial, on closer inspection, we found that the poop was running down his legs, dripping on the kitchen floor.

Needless to say, we picked him up very carefully and dumped him in the bathtub, clothes and all.

My guess is that this episode was just one of many others to come, which at the time wasn't funny, but is now.

I would love to hear about similar episodes happening to other parents, I'm sure it happens all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    Poop stories! It happens! We had two "accidents" with Mieka in her swimming costume. :-)

  2. L K said...

    That's my worst nightmare! I'm so scared that Zander might have an "accident" in the swimming pool! I saw nappies in the shop the other day for swimming, but it was VERY expensive. Wonder if it's worth the expense?