Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Our "Peeping Tom" and a Cookie Jar

Posted by L K

Zander discovered the kitchen cupboards yesterday morning while playing in his walking ring. Unfortunately for him he can't open them yet as his arms are too short and the walking ring blocks the door from opening completely.  He is like a Peeping Tom now every time he gets a few minutes in the walking ring. He immediately speeds off to the kitchen to try and open the cupboards. Until he can crawl or walk, I doubt he'll be able to, but I still keep a watchful eye on him since we didn't really childproof our home yet (bad, bad, I know). Chris came up with an idea, which I still can't really decide whether I like or dislike. He suggested we bake Zander some healthy cookies and put it in a jar in a cupboard in the kitchen for Zander to "discover" when he finally manage to open the cupboard doors. My worry is that it might encourage him to open cupboards and I don't want him to (innocently) do it at other people's homes because he might think he's allowed to do it there as well.
But to not to be a real spoil sport I think we'll install safety locks on all the cupboards, except the one where we plan to keep his cookies (and nothing else, except maybe a few pieces of Tupperware). What do you think?


So I am now looking for healthy cookie recipes for babies or toddlers. If you know any, please feel free to post it in the comment box!

3 comments:

  1. Mommalicious Mom said...

    Isn't it the funniest thing how they zoot around so quickly, it makes me laugh sometimes because the go so fast in the walkers lol!!
    I haven't child proofed the cupboards either...I'll have to do it soon as well.
    The cookie jar thing is a tuff one.......I'm sure it cant do any harm if its with things that aren't breakable, it could be fun to see him "discover" them. Just make sure he cant get into any of the other cupboards...he might think everything is for him lol!

  2. L K said...

    How old is your little one, Lisa?

  3. Karen du Toit said...

    The cookie jar idea is a good one! Something I will do myself. But I will stick with a box of cookies. Woolworths has the most delicious ones! :-)