Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Miracle or coincidence, you be the judge!

Posted by L K


The day we found out I was pregnant, as promised in yesterday's post:

I woke up the morning of Sunday, July 26, 2008 and did a pregnancy test like so many times before, not really anticipating a positive result. Already thinking what I'll say this cycle when everybody asks: " Are you pregnant yet?”


See, that was what pissed me off the most. My mom would call at the end of each cycle (yes, she somehow worked it out and knew when that was!), and ask me whether I'm pregnant yet. I mean, ffs, if I were, wouldn't I tell her, and EVERYONE else?????

Many people were so damn insensitive while we were trying to conceive. We got advice like: "Just relax and it will happen." RELAX??? Haha!! How the hell was I supposed to relax when everyone's breathing down my neck all the time?? When medical bills are skyrocketing??? (For some reason medical aids don't see infertility as a medical problem, so most of the stuff related, they don't pay.)


I came to a point where I refused to visit most people with small children. I just couldn't bear it. In my mind and heart I gave up completely. I even convinced myself I don't want a baby anymore. But Chris was persistent. We were fighting a lot about this. How funny that they call it "making love", when all we did that time was fight because I was sick and tired of having to "make love" at times when the fertility monitor or the doctors ordered us to.
To get back to the reason for this post:

The test was POSITIVE!

We decided to go to church that morning as we rarely went before. (Why do most people always want to praise the Lord only after He helped them?) We did not know that our church would have a guest speaker that Sunday.


When we got to church it was packed. We found seats on the gallery, a tight squeeze, but we got seats.

I can only remember a few things about that ceremony. At one stage the speaker said that God asked him to mention that there's a couple in the church who's been battling with infertility for a long time and spent a lot of money on it, and that they will have a baby within the next year. Chris and I looked at each other, shocked, but not convinced. What's the chance God would send us that message? In and NG Church??? So to validate everything, as we were very sceptic (we are only human after all) we went to the front after the service to speak to the speaker.

There was a lot of people there, waiting to speak to the speaker and were just standing around, waiting for our turn. Suddenly he walked up to us and said, "You are the people I was talking about regarding the infertility". (Validation number one)

I nearly fainted. We informed him that we just got a positive result that morning. He then asked if he might pray for us. By now I was crying like a baby for some unknown reason. He had his hand on my stomach and prayed for God to protect the baby and not let him tore loose (?). We didn't understand what he meant with that, but assumed it was because I had a horse and have been riding every day for the past year and a half. We decided that I wouldn’t ride while I'm pregnant.

In hindsight we realised what the speaker actually meant that day didn't have anything to do with horse riding. Zander was born via emergency caesarean at 36 weeks from placental abruption. In other words, the placenta tore loose. (Validation number two)

Now I'm asking you, how that speaker could’ve known? We've never met or seen him before. We were not involved enough in the church that anyone else could've known. We only got the test result that morning, no one else knew yet.

Coincidence? Miracle?

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    Miracles happen all the time! Firm believer in that!

  2. Yvonne said...

    I think there is no shadow of a doubt that God gave you that very special message at a time where you needed the encouragement the most. WOW!