Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Walking ring. Good or bad?

Posted by L K

To me a walking ring means a few minutes’ peace. Time to make a quick cup of coffee, read an email or write my blog.


We are all familiar with the walking ring. We all grew up using one. Do you still remember how different the ones from back then looked compared to the ones from today? Do you suffer any consequences from using a walking ring? As a baby I was in mine for hours at a time.

Yet, the walking ring has been condemned to being dangerous, bad for your baby, the list goes on. It’s all based on studies apparently. Some countries have even banned the walking ring. I respect that. I do think it can be dangerous when you don’t keep an eye on your child while in use. I also don’t think it’s good to leave your child in the walking ring all day as certain nerves are supposed to develop before others. According to studies, the child should preferably first crawl, then walk for the sake of mathematical development in the brain.

Do I condemn a walking ring? No, no, NO! If used correctly and supervised at all times, it can actually be a blessing!

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    I try not to use the walking ring too much, but it is a blessing! And they enjoy it very much... I don't know what's the right thing to do!

  2. Tasneem said...

    Well as an OT I am supposed to condemn this so called wrtched piece of equipment. i still remember one class discussion about it and as you say we all grew up in one. My personal opinion reflects exactly what you are saying... with everything in life its all about safety first and MODERATION. As long as the walking ring doesn't take away from the important tummy time and baby is supervised then its all good!

  3. Mommalicious Mom said...

    My son has a walking ring, I only let him walk in it for a few minutes at a time.....and yes its a GREAT GREAT GREAT help if I need to straighten up the lounge or something quickly ESPECIALLY now while he seems to be going threw Separation Anxiety, (He is super clingy at the moment, which I dont really mind) but as soon as I put him in the walker he's super happy :)