Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Darling, I need some "me" time.

Posted by L K



I don't think many mothers will admit, but sometimes it just gets too much, or is it only me?


I'm one of those people who don't really care what other people think about me and I'm not ashamed to admit that having a baby sometimes gets me down. I've felt like losing it a couple of times.

Don't get me wrong. I love Zander. I love having him in my life. He's adorable. He's cute. He sleeps through.

Maybe it is just PMS, but the day before yesterday I nearly reached my limit. This is what happened:

We have a flat at the back of our yard, which we are renting out. So the day before yesterday I was looking forward to an early evening with Chris and Zander, retiring in front of the television, catching up on all the previous episodes of Egoli and Binnelanders we've missed.

At 5pm Chris arrived home, did his normal chores like feeding the dogs etc., and we just sat down to start watching our programs when the doorbell rang. It had to be the woman who's renting the flat as no one else could enter our yard without us opening the gates from inside. It was the neighbour as I though.

I answered the door very politely with a clear attitude of "now is not a good time". After she said what she wanted to say, when she was just about to leave, Chris popped up behind me and informed the neighbour that if she doesn't come in so that I can make her coffee, he will never get coffee!!

I forced a surprised smile and unlocked the security door for her to enter after which I made the coffee. (Btw, Chris don't really like coffee that much which is why I was so surprised) If I didn’t know him better I’d suspect him of having an affair the way he behaved!

The neighbour only left after 7pm after which we had to bath Zander and feed him which took another hour. You can just imagine how pissed off I was. I told Chris in no uncertain terms that in future he can entertain her on his own and that I have too much to do in the week to have unplanned two hour coffee visits from the neighbour.

His reply was that he meant well because he thought I needed some company. (Awww!!) Chris really is that naïve. He's such a good person that he don't realize when he actually messes up. He can never say no to other people. So for the first time I complained about not having time for myself to do things I want to do anymore.

We've now agreed that he would look after Zander when he gets home for two hours, two days a week and perhaps one day on a weekend.

I'm tired. I need a break. I need some "me" time.

Thank you Chris, I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    I know where you are coming from! :-) Poor Chris, he meant well!

  2. Reluctant Mom said...

    Sometimes we need a large glass of wine, and a place to hide from our young'uns - doesn't mean we don't love them, just means we recognise the signs that we are going to be killing someone soon.

    I love the phrase: "Love being a mom, just not ever minute."

    http://reluctantmom.wordpress.com/

  3. Anonymous said...

    i know this feling and u are lucky to have ur man around to get that time out, my man studies away and only comes home every other weekend. gud luck