Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Time flies when you're having fun!

Posted by L K

Here I am again and exactly another month has passed since the last time I blogged. I do actually feel guilty for not blogging regularly but it's hard for me to put my life out into the open for anyone to read about. Sometimes something happens and I think I should write about it in my blog, but then I don't because I decided it's too personal. How do you decide what to write about and what not? Maybe I'm in denial and trying to avoid thinking and writing about things happening in my life as a way to not have to face the problems in my life. Like financial worries...


We started a scrap metal recycling company almost four years ago. Last year this time we were smiling, with R1 000 000.00 profits in our business bank account for the year. Who would've guessed that a year later on, we would be struggling to keep the company afloat? Losing between R50 000 - R100 000 per month? So far we've done almost everything possible to save the company. We managed to get the overheads, including salaries, down with over R50 000 / month. Rumours are that next year things will be better again in the scrap metal industry. Let's hope rumours are right, and let's hope we make it that far.

It's really nice to be able to work for yourself, but I'm not sure if the stress involved justifies it. Especially now that we have a baby. That's the scariest thing in the world to have to worry about your babies' future and whether you'll be able to provide for him if things doesn't work out.

Please hold thumbs for a new business venture I'm going to try out with my wonderful husbands' support.

I will keep you posted...

1 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    Hi L, glad to see the post! Sorry to hear about financial woes. We'll keep our thumbs crossed. Keep us posted about the new venture!