Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Silly little arguments and bruised egos

Posted by L K

Chris is a very involved father. We do almost everything together that involves Zander.


Zander's bath time routine:

Chris undresses Zander. Then Chris gives Zander his 3 drops of medicine (for allergy). Next Chris rubs stuff on Zander's gums (don't really know why as the one tooth he got at four months just disappeared). I drop saline drops into Zander's nose and clean his nose with an ear bud. Then I wipe his face clean. By now the bath water is ready for Zander. Chris rubs Zander in with soap and put him in the bath to rinse him and let him play with the water. Now this was where the trouble started last night.

I took out a sponge toy, soaked it in water and gave it to Zander to play with. Zander loved it and even sucked the sponge (like babies do?) Chris had a fit and told me to take the sponge away as the water in Potch is not clean. (????) Obviously I asked him why he bathes Zander in dirty water then, and what about the water that splashes in Zander's face when he plays in the bath? I also reminded Chris of the fact that Zander should never be in the swimming pool again as that water can be VERY dangerous compared to the municipal water in Potch. (Sarcasm) Chris then told me that I could go and do a search on the Internet about Potch's dirty water (to validate himself) and from there on he went into a total silent state, ignoring me. Chris took Zander out of the bath, I dried Zander, cleaned his ears, and Chris rubbed Zander's body with baby cream. I gave Zander his bottle and put him to bed.

Then I did a search on the Internet. This was what I found:

http://www.potch.co.za/pressreleases/html/Jul31_07.html.

Now if you do the effort to open that link, you'll see that Potch’s water is more than safe to consume.

I printed out the page and handed it to Chris. Maybe I should've thought twice as he really wasn’t impressed, neither making peace! He then accused me of always questioning everything he says!!

Is this just happening to us, or does this happen to other couples too? We are constantly arguing about what's the best for Zander. What do you do when situations like this presents? Who's wrong and who's right for the sake of peace?

We are not fighting anymore, but didn't talk about what happened again, thus I won't give Zander the sponge to play with again to avoid any future arguments like that.

Funny thing was that just after the argument, around the time when Chris started giving me the silent treatment, Chris got up and drank water from the bathroom tap. Something he NEVER does. (He believes in purified water only) Does that mean he admitted defeat?

Someone should've warned me that having a baby results in some sort of husband-wife competition!

2 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    It happens to all of us! LOL

  2. Yvonne said...

    Eina! We have all been there. Guess it is not so much about who is wrong and who is right, but about negotiating to a settlement about it. Talk it out, and tell C, silent treatment isn't nice. It withholds the power to negotiate and talk things through. Zander will survive the water - will probably make him stronger!!! Hope this helps?