Mantality
Electronic Cigarette Store

Ghosts from the past

Posted by L K

Laetitia called me yesterday out of the blue. She'll be in Potch today she said. Would I like to have coffee with her?


Nothing extraordinary about that, right?

Well, not if you don't know that Laetitia is the sister of one of my ex boyfriends whom I used to live with 10 years ago, and who used to be my husbands' best friend. (A whole different story, and no, I didn't cheat on the X)

He used to beat the crap out of me. He was a scheming, bullshitter and an alcoholic (apparently still is).

Since I left him 10 years ago, I never saw Laetitia again until we added each other on Face Book a while back. So suddenly, out of the blue, came the invitation.

Of course I accepted! I'm too curious a person to decline! I invited her to have coffee at my house, not really knowing what to expect. Back then when we broke up I was under the impression that she didn't believe me when I told her how he used to beat me up. Seems I had that all wrong. I felt closer to her today, than I have ever felt to her when me and the X were together. What an amazing woman. Maybe I'm biased because she also hates her brothers' actions. Apparently her parents lost their house because of him. But still they believe nothing bad about him. Maybe because it's their child, but aren't there any limits? Do you send your child out to self destruct by helping him every time he comes begging because he's too lazy to work for a boss?

So I was wondering who's to blame for what he is? The parents or the X? I think both.

Laetitia, thank you for coming back into my life. I'd love to have you as a friend again. You made my day!

1 comments:

  1. Karen du Toit said...

    Glad you had a nice meeting with the ghosts from the past.